March 25, 2020
Dear Church Family,
Good afternoon! I hope this finds you doing well this afternoon. Your pastors miss getting to see you regularly. However, God is at work and doing many things during this unusual time.
I wanted to keep you up-to-date on where things are for us as a church:
* We will continue to hold Sunday worship and Wednesday prayer meeting online at least until April 10.
* Sunday morning worship can be viewed at 10:30am at: https://www.youtube.com/
* Wednesday evening prayer meeting can be at viewed at 6pm at: https://www.facebook.com/
* Also, Pastor Ronny is teaching through Philippians every weekday at noon at: https://www.facebook.com/
* Please continue to pray for:
* Your pastors as they navigate this season,
* The support staff as they continue to work from home,
* Your deacons and Connection leaders and others as they reach out to care for our members,
* For God to use this virus for His glory!
* For Sandia and other churches to come out of this stronger than before.
God bless you all! Your pastors love you!
March 18, 2020
Dear Sandia Baptist Church Family,
“However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands . . .” Acts 7:48.
Wow! We are understanding this more in recent days! The building at Constitution and Moon is the building where the people who make up Sandia Baptist Church usually meet. The Coronavirus is temporarily changing that. In an effort to protect you, Sandia Baptist Church (that’s the people) will be meeting in new ways.
Wednesday, March 18 (tonight):
- There will be no meal, live prayer meeting, choir rehearsal or any other events.
- Pastor Ronny will be teaching a short devotional and leading in a “virtual” prayer time using Facebook Live – go to our Sandia Baptist Church Facebook page at 6pm tonight or watch later: https://www.facebook.com/sandiabaptist.org/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
This Sunday, March 22:
- No Connection Classes
- 10:30am – The worship service will be live-streamed at www.sandiabaptist.org – “watch” – “live stream.”
- We encourage you to protect yourself and others by worshipping at home or with other small groups of church members.
Daily Devotional and Prayer with Pastor Ronny on Facebook Live:
For the next while, Pastor Ronny will lead a short devotional and prayer Monday through Friday at 12pm (Mountain Time). You can watch live or later.
The “Everyman Conference” will be postponed. If you need a refund, give us a call. Otherwise, we will keep the roster of those who have paid for tickets, and will look forward to your participation when the event is re-scheduled.
If you are involved in a Bible study or ministry that is not churchwide, check with your leadership about meeting plans.
Now, more than ever, it is important to contact each other and love on each other.
- You might choose to invite a few other church members over to worship with you while watching the live stream.
- Some Connection Classes may choose to meet in a home and worship together using the live stream.
- Be creative as you feel led. Stay home as you feel led.
- Connection Classes might choose to create a Facebook group to keep up with each other and to even do a live Bible study.
- Contact your Connection leaders and get a contact list for your class so you can pray for and contact one another.
- Contact the church office and we will send you a membership directory by email so you can contact and love on others.
- Pray for your pastors and other church leaders as we seek to navigate this ever-changing situation.
- Give. The financial needs of the church remain the same whether or not we meet in person. You may give by:
- Mailing your tithe to 9429 Constitution Avenue NE, ABQ 87112
- Logging in to your bank online and setting up a check to be mailed from your bank
- Giving by text by texting any amount (with or without the $) to 505-484-2713
- You can give on the web at https://www.shelbygiving.com/app/giving/sand9429278
Here are some resources for you for studying and learning at home:
- https://www.rightnowmedia.org/ Contact the church to find out how to access this site for free
We will update you as soon as anything changes. Thank you for your flexibility. God is using this in ways we could not have imagined! I am getting great reports from church members who are blessing their neighborhoods through praying and placing the attached flyers in their neighbors’ doors. Keep it up!
Much love from your pastors,
Ronny, Clark, Andy, and Aaron